#MusicMonday - "Picker Uppers" by BB

BB Speaks: OK... It’s my First Music Monday.
Reasons for doing this: I love music, and Neefemi begged me too :)
Sharing a bunch of songs that uplift the mood at different times
More like "picker upper" type music.

Neefemi Speaks: I so totally did not beg him to do this. :) ....lol, Hi Guys, how are you all doing this Monday? Sleepless night = all I want is my bed, counting down the hours to the end of the day. Nways let me introduce you to previously mentioned friend who for the purpose of this blog we will call BB. BB and I have a thing for music, for the most part we have some common genres and artists we agree on...on others we are like cat and mouse trying to make a point for our case. E.g. He doesn't like Chrisette Michele, Laura Izibor etc; I’m not a fan of a LOT of the Nigerian artists he likes. He doesn't write, neither does he read the blog (thank God, lol), so for the most part the song choices will be by him and the story will be by me, when he does decide to grace the page again (secret: he has the next one in his head already, hehehe)

Nways I don't know about you, but the song choices he made today, inspire me...its funny that I hadn't heard them in a minute too...so who knows maybe there is a message in the songs...lol....nways Enjoy and thanks to BB :)

Leann Womack - I Hope You Dance


R Kelly - You Saved Me


Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston - When you believe


Boyz II Men - I will get there

Carrie Underwood - Jesus take the wheel


Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up

Kirk Franklin feat. R Kelly, Crystal Lewis, Mary J Blige, Bono


P.S - Happy Birthday Sugarking, hope its a blessed one

P.P.S - My 100th post is coming up soon, think i have 4 more posts till i hit the mark...YOU tell me what to do, if anything at all

P.P.P.S - I LOVE YOU

Comments

  1. love u too. I Play CARRIE'S JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL EVRIDAY. SO IN LOVE WIF IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting song choices..
    Always striking when people pick off base songs..
    100 already?? Wow..
    When I grow up I want to be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool songs...

    congratulations in advance for the 100 post.

    How about writing a very intriguing post - 100 words long, that tells a story(whatever the subject / topic) and the ending comes out with a lesson learnt.. lol You can almost read the teacher in me here oh!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love , love his choices. Interesting that he likes two of my fav songs from the Prince of Egypt. Nice selection of picker uppers, I like Jesus take the wheel too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its funny how each and every song was a significant song to me at some point in my life when I was in college.(besides Jesus take the wheel, I had graduated by then).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Laura izibor though :D
    So I never understood the "Jesus take the wheel" concept. I just thought Nigerians said that thing when they were in shock. To feel more stupid or not .. that is the question :P But I love these songs tho. They are real inspiration. Specially lean on me. I used to know all the words when I was 13 - don't know what happened :(
    But yeah, I second Roc's notion -- when I grow up, I want to be like you.
    One-of-a-kind lady
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww,
    100 wow!!!!

    love the song choices, inspiring for the day
    especially like u raise me up

    so u and BB are just friends abi????? just asking oh hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations in advance on your 100th!

    Great song choices...
    I'm a huge fan of Josh Groban's music...Quite an inspiring note to start the day on..

    Jesus, Take the wheel strikes a chord within me...

    I also love, love Mariah and Whitney's duet.. brings back memories of the Prince of Egypt

    How're you?
    Have a great, productive week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg...i felt like i made the selections....U rock....Growing up "When u believe;Whitney and Mariah" helped me get thru my childhood ups and down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these selections especially Mariah Carey and Whitney Houstons.

    Congratulations on your 100th post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @fragilelooks... thanks honey....yes its a great song

    @Roc...hmmpphhh we got you out your hole, glad you like....lol ori e, be like me how?

    @Remi...welcome and thanks sounds great, but 100 words...jeez thats really small, less than a tweet gan or did you mean 1000?

    @Myne....glad you do ma :)

    @TayneMent: i know right thats what i said

    @Moyo...me too and no need to full stupid, now you know..lean on me is an awesome song ....and thank you sweet but you will be better than me when you grow up

    @BBB....glad you like it, thanks ma...and hmmmm lol yes thats the definition for now

    @Rose...thanks hon...glad you really like them...and i'm good we thank God,,and u? have a great week as well

    @KabiOsi...awww thanks i will tell him u said so...funny enough that song did the same for me

    @TGWTRH: glad you do ma and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great song choices; they're definitely uppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Juwon....glad you like them, thanks honey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts