Luck of the Irish - #MM by Taynement

Hello lovely ladies and gentlemen. Top of the mornin’ to ya! As you may have guessed today’s theme is going to be songs by artists that are Irish. As you may have guessed, Lil Miss Neef is tied up with stuff so I volunteered to Music Monday for her this week. A lot of good music have come from the lovely country of Ireland, it wasn’t really that hard to think of a bunch of them. So come with me as we go across the pond and go down memory lane for some of these songs.

I can guarantee that if you say name an Irish band, this band will probably be the first name you will hear from most people’s mouths. They have lasted all this years and are still rocking in their prime. They have achieved that status where no matter what they put out the world would still think they are awesome. It was hard picking just one song from them but I settled on this.

U2 - With or Without You
">

Ah, wasn’t she the center of controversy this one. With her unique sounding voice and very loud opinions, she shot to fame with this single that was penned by Prince. Anyone remember her tearing up the Pope’s picture on SNL?
Sinead O’Connor – Nothing Compares
">

I listened to this woman die in college. Not quite sure what genre she falls under  but she also has that haunting voice.
Enya – Only Time
">

If you grew up listening to music from Jand like I did, then you most definitely know this band made up of siblings. This was their most famous song and I used to listen to it a lot. As a bonus you can check out their collabo with Bono for “when the stars go blue”
The corrs – Breathless
">

I'm torn. Which Irish boyband should I include in the list? Should I just put both, I think I will.
Boyzone - No Matter What
">

My last song on here. These boys know how to work a stage as they sip on their Guiness and they are just now getting noticed in the States, hope they have continued success.

The Script - We cry
">

That's all I have for you guys this week, if you are still feening for some more songs, you can check out:
Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You
Westlife - Any of their songs really
Damien Rice - 9 crimes
Laura Izibor - From my heart to yours

Have a lovely weekend and P.S Neefemi loves you.

Comments

  1. Lol @ the PS on the end..
    As usual, interesting song choices. A wide répertoire.
    I'm guessing I could do a case study in the contents of your ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol@Roc..you are welcome to do a case study anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Irish and their singers. Enya is a favorite in New age, just nest to Yanni. Westlife stands up there in the Boy bands, and boyzone too. I think they represent well in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.I absolutely love the Corrs.
    2. Enya is just exotically sophisticated.
    3. Grrr I'm certain i do owe neefemi oodles of apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love Enya, with her willy-willy/winch songs!


    - FFF

    Meanwhile, am back & kicking major butts @ my new site: www.flourishingflorida.net!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ahn. I was expecting Westlife first. *sad face*

    But yeah, I LOVEE Irish people. When I was in year 9, I used to tell my irish friends I was gonna marry their brothers. smh.

    oh and another Laura Izibor song I think is amazing is "If tonight is my last"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enya and I have this relationship..its strange.. iLove her. I love all these songs, They are all on my iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @neefemi
    congrats on being nominated...

    Have a great day, you doing 'oldies'
    love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I did here today was listen to the songs.. So unlike me..
    Thanks for the selection.. You did well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you had me in mind choosing the songs..
    Congrats on the nomination! You so deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was instructed to come respond to comments:

    @Myne - yes The U.K peeps stay representing

    @T Notes - glad you liked them..umm, take up the apologies with Neef.

    @treenity - lol@willy winch songs

    @Moyo - sorry, I couldn't pick just one song. I will check out the Izibor song.

    @Ms O - it's probably because she is soothing.

    @sosexy - thanks for listening and enjoying them

    @2cute4u - glad the songs resonated with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tisha....thanks love, i appreciate it

    @2cute4u - thank u so much ma, i appreciate it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts