#Music Monday - Good Music

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen…. How are you? How was your weekend? I hope great.

I saw The Town this weekend and I’m so happy for Ben Affleck really, no one can call him names now. I came out of the theatres and my boobs were icicles. Michigan is FREEZING...Jeez!!! I decided then and there I wasn’t going to church the next day. Let me tell you this is a very legitimate excuse only if u live in Alaska, MI, Chicago, Canada and some parts of NY, anywhere else is a lie jo.  Nways I went to church, I was reminded that I went out in the cold to watch a movie so I must go, if I did not go to the movies sha, I would not have gone.

Saw The Blind Side yesterday, which was an excellent movie btw. The first game Michael Oher played the one guy from the other team kept heckling him, talking to him, insulting him and dude was so calm. God knows you could not talk to me like that; I will beat you upside your head. Nways at some point the ref does not call a foul on this same boy when he kicks Michael on the head right in front of him, Michael’s coach goes berserk and then the ref pulls out a flag so the scrawny looking guy is about to have a fit. Michael holds him back and tells him “Don’t worry coach I got your back” and on the very next play he grabs the guy all the way across the field and dumps him on the outside. His coach asked him “where were you taking him to?” and Michael goes “To the Bus coach, it was time for him to go home”. 


Why the entire story? Well truth is some of you know that some things, some people in your lives GOT TO GO… some things/people have to be on the first speedy train out of your lives. There is no reason you are still messing with that foolery, no reason at all. Usually at this point I will say something like I don’t mean to be preaching cos I really don’t want u to think I’m a goody two shoes, except well today I can’t honestly say that. There are some friends you know you should not be hanging with; that boyfriend that is not supportive, can’t pick up the phone to call, makes you cry more times than he makes you laugh; that girl who is all about your money and what you will do for her and her friends but doesn’t push you to become anything in the future. It’s time for them to get on that bus/train/plane the fastest exit outta your life.

In other news I said skipping rope today and Miss Taynement laughed at me and said Jump Rope. Please who is with me? Its Skipping rope jo. Together with the Wii, I have gotten my exercise mojo back.

Do you know who Kathy Bates is? I’m sure a lot of people don’t and before this week I never knew her by name. This woman is the definition of a hard worker, this week alone she was in every single movie I saw and trust me I have watched more movies than I can dare tell u about (I’m jobless what can I say). No role too small or big, she stayed working. She realized that it might take time but eventually her name will resonate with you in almost the same way Betty Whites name is known even though they went through different paths.


It resonated with me only because I wonder sometimes why I do a lot of what I do, and I think that though I might not be getting the money, recognition, accolades whatever it really does not matter. It sounds pretentious saying it aloud, even to me, but it should be all about your resume, it should be about your personal success. The awards will be nice, don’t get me wrong, I’m the most humbled anytime someone says thank you /says I did a good job on something. Again I’m preaching, ai forgive me.

Its Breast Cancer Month, I hope you guys are getting checked and making sure your Mothers, Aunties, Grand Mothers and friends are getting checked too. Don’t forget the men in your lives as well, yes Men get Breast Cancer, I can give you all the statistics if you like, so encourage them to do so as well.

Deuces has to be the one song I will remember from 2010. I can’t even understand why cos usually I love songs that speak to the place I am in life and this song isn’t one of those, I don’t know sha I loved it from listening to the mix tape before every one heard it on the radio. Lol

This is IT… AMEN!!!!

I guess I don’t have much else to say. I hope you have a fabulous week…. The songs this week are inspired from my GOOD MUSIC post + a Beazy Monday track I like…. Music is not done like it used to be men, such a shame. Nways enjoy

Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
Sade - Sweetest Taboo
Bob Marley - One Love
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton - Islands in the Stream

Beazy ft Mystkay - Colours



P.S I Love You

Comments

  1. Lovely write-up. I thought there was so much to learn from Blindside too. I may go see the town, was a bit doubtful cos it was Affleck. As for Kath Bates and Betty White, sometimes we forget that our routes in life may be different from the next person.

    All the best dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...upbeat n nicely positive, i like!I haven't seen town, now that u talk about it, i should most def do. Uhmmm,Blindside,i'm not too sre i'm still game to see that one tho.

    As per the preaching,if not that u were talkn some sense there,would def have hollered,neeeeeefemi,u preaching already!!!!lol!

    Music mix'll make a nice before bed soft mix4 me 2day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I can comment.

    It's kind of sad that Kathy Bates might not be a well known name, that must mean I am old. Kathy Bates is a force in Hollywood, i don't know why you don't know her.

    Nice analogy with the bus.

    It's Jump Rope!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep I love blindside. And I feel you on those people you sud just get off ur life.

    Its skipping rope oooo, dont mind Taynament

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with u on the skipping rope jor. lol
    really some pple we just shuld let go in our lives for good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know how i feel about the 'friends' business all i can say is amen to that...kick em to the curb. Nice one bebe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. iLike! Time to get rid of anyone that doesnt add to me, its gotta be mutual. Love Sade btw

    ReplyDelete
  8. In agreement..
    Noticed that your theme in music has changed.. a bit..
    I don't know..
    But thought to tell you that you'd get a job soon.. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy Bates is actually well known in movie circles. She's an oscar-winning actress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful week...and keep your head up always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl - I lived in Michigan for 6 yrs. Cold is an excuse to miss church, I no go lie.

    LOL at skipping rope. I remember Turtle looking confused when I said "torch" instead of "flashlight"

    I love Kathy Bates. She is one of the most underrated actresses around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I won't listen to those songs 'cuz it will make me sad lol
    BUT its jump rope jo. Who taught u "skipping rope"? smh
    Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Myne - yes you should, he did really good. And yes we do forget... Thanks ma

    @TNotes - awww thanks dear and lol, i couldn't help myself ni o, hope you slept well

    @Chic Therapy - it sure is

    @TayneMent - i know her, was just saying that you don't even realize how much she has done. Thank you very much and lol its skipping rope.

    @Nutty J - Thank you jare :)

    @Fragilelooks - Thank you jare :)

    @glamtings - Thank you so much babe

    @zel - yea men, and Sade rocks.

    @2cute4u - really? how so? and Amen really believing that. Take care

    @Anonymous - i know, just meant that it seemed like her route was longer and dare i say harder

    @blogoratti - Thanks blogo and you too

    @LucidLilith - lol, i hear you on that. hahahaha i can imagine Turtles face & confusion. And yes she is

    @Journeytoprint - Lol, pele. and lol its skipping rope jo.

    Thank you all so much for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPp6C4GDmww&feature=player_embedded

    Cant seem to find the post you did on it.. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts