GOALS...


I'm telling you there's really nothing like being yourself. Rita dove says "Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit". One needs to get rid of all that holds one from being their real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful and magical person self. Only then can one truly be happy and I've chosen happiness, God know's i have. 

People think i'm strong, something I've heard all my life. But what is strength? I believe there is the God given strength and to be frank really, there is no other kind. However, we all carry it and use it differently. Madame Marie du Deffand says " Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses". I think for me, this is the absolute truth. Especially right now when i feel like i'm still in the rut i've been trying to overcome for a year and a half now, i know that i have become stronger mentally and spiritually. Like everything God has given to us, we have a choice to embrace it or not and strength, love and joy i've embraced wholeheartedly.

So thanks for the concern. I was not even burned a little. I probably should have been, but i never looked back, not once! Because,  i believe in myself and in my future and in God's plan for my life. I have no reason to compare myself and i have no reason to worry. Instead i'm focused on accomplishing my goals and as the picture below denotes i'm far from being close. I honestly feel like my year is about to start truly on Monday, at which point i have only 6 months to accomplish all this and much more. Pray for me! O wait, no one reads this. Lol. Nways, created my vision board today and i have put all my plans in God's hands and i know i will accomplish it all by His grace.

Nways, team Warriors. I love Steph Curry, i wish he were single. I would have found him and married him. Riley is so cute though.

I can't wait to see Pitch Perfect 2 and Aloha this weekend. My plan for tomorrow night. Speaking of tomorrow, i will be MCing a 1 year old birthday party. I hope i don't suck. MCing is not something i think i enjoy but people think cos i talk a lot, i am a natural to do it. NOT! No harm in doing things out of your comfort zone though. This has to be the last one of the year.

Catching up on Grey's Anatomy and i'm so sorry i ever missed it. I still have so many to catch up on though - Scandal, Grimm, Chicago Fire, Suits etc. 

Finally, because i have other things to do. Someone who took my graduate exam with me in October is proposing for his thesis and im so mad that's not me. Quite jealous about it really. But then again the topic just seems like a Master's level topic and i'm mad that i've been so gung ho about trying to be so original. The good news is that it's finally gingered me to get my ass moving and do what i'm supposed to do, looking forward to Monday. Which reminds me that working with Africans can be so discouraging. Sigh! We need to do better. I pray Buhari delivers and helps change Nigeria, but also helps change how other African countries behave for lack of a better term.

Ok, finally finally. Lol, such a Nigerian. My tummy is still HUGE! Even with all the healthy eating so i have joined the YMCA and will be starting swimming and gym classes. Which also means that i am going natural all summer, so pretty much either rocking a weave or doing ghana braids or the sort.

Ok, now i'm done.




P.S Peace.Love.Neefemi

Comments

Popular Posts