It's inside of you...

I was talking to a mentor of mine who is currently having staff issues and I wondered why they couldn't seem to get it right. I mentioned that I had learnt a lot of things from him, and they had worked with him longer so I didn't get it and he said and I quote "you can't teach people something, they don't already have". I have pondered on this for the past 2 weeks and I don't know if I still quite think it's true.

For example, I had always thought that I couldn't possibly paint to save my life and yet the other day I went to a paint and sip class and I painted a really pretty picture. It was not great but it was decent and I reckon that a few more classes and instructions and I myself could be a painter. I also don't think I have an artistic eye, but like I said I have been taking really great pictures of late. I don't believe either of those things are in me rather I think they can both be learnt.

As I type though, I don't think that's what he meant when he said that. I think he means things that are inherent in one's nature or are more of personality traits or better still God given gifts e.g. kindness, compassion, grace, love, obedience, sacrifice, willingness, eagerness etc. Nways that's what I think, what do I know?

Speaking of which, I know that God has given me everything I need to be successful and I fancy myself a believer of Christ, so what does it say of me that I am still failing?

I am extremely grateful to God for the advancement in science that has given my cousin a chance to be cured of Sickle Cell disease. I cried tears of joy when i found it. I believe a cure for cancer is coming up next. What a time to be alive!!!

O, I am officially 29. It feels good :). I may have mentioned this before but I do very much enjoy getting older. I like the fact that I am now not shy about my feelings, and I'm much more able to control my emotions and also know if and when to speak my mind. Life is definitely much easier in some ways.

I am so excited about my first live hockey game, the end of the month can't be hear soon enough. The only live sporting event I haven't been to yet then is a tennis game and i can't wait for next year to be here already. I want to go to Nigeria for the holidays *real tears*, Baba God be a provider. I am definitely in need of a sugar daddy.

Endeavor to be a good person and a good friend, it could save someone you know and could bring them unexpected blessings.

Apparently my fat self is still a babe :D. The condition is that I must try. My mates are getting married and I am trying to up my style game - priorities!!!

What is this thing about the Starbucks cup though? I swear people have no sense whatsoever.

I was part of a surprise party for a fellow Scorpio who hates surprises just like me and I feel like karma is going to be such a bitch at some point but He was at least gracious about it, I on the other hand would have walked right out. Next year is the so called big 30 and i'm promising myself to not be so hype about it like I normally would so people just quietly forget.

Let me end by saying "Don't judge people for the choices they make when you don't know the options they had to choose from." Maybe options are not always a good thing.


Martha's Vineyard, 2015


#Peace.Love.Cocoa


Comments

  1. I get what you mentor is trying to say...you cant teach people what they are not interested in.
    You must at least have interest in something, for you to excel in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote at the end and I so missed being here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings....
    Yes you can indeed teach someone something they do not know, it is how we learn new things.

    peace.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4a442621/rhapsody-phoenix
    http://rhapsodyphoenix.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts