A need to be understood!!

Isn't it crazy that we still all crave the feeling of being understood. How did I come up with this? The amount of people I see take these random tests on Facebook. A few days ago I saw a friend share the results of the test "What are your 3 best qualities and your one flaw?" and though I will never go look for any of these tests, whenever i see someone post their results I have to go do mine. According to my Facebook profile I am "Bubbly, Affectionate, Creative and Overemotional". I think they got 2 out 4 because I do not think the word Bubbly can be ever used to describe me and Overemotional is leaps and bounds against my very nature.

I have done a few of these tests now and I have come to the conclusion that this is because we all feel a need to be understood and also to know ourselves 'indepthly'. Most of us inspite knowing ourselves, realize that other people always perceive us a certain kind of way and we want to understand why that is so. For others, we realize that somehow without our realization we have changed or added a new dimension to who we are so we seek to know what it means and what it entails including and most especially the added responsibility of that new character.

It's interesting to think that a new character or personality trait adds responsibility but it's true. Think about it, how else does one show that he or she is kind, patient, humble etc.? By doing! and you have to do it responsibly, with intention most times and also it requires you checking yourself and your motives. With that said though I think its vitally important that people change and grow. Yes, this is who you have been but guess what? you can and probably should change. So, YES! boo boo, please discover yourself however way you choose to do just that. Might I recommend with the help of Christ in your life.

P.s This is why who you are should be rooted in Christ, it really does bring peace of mind and assurance in your identity. Anywhoos, this is just my opinion, let me know what you think.

I think this is all I have to share today. It's that time of the year when you start to take stock of what the year has been so far for you and also begin to think of the plans and hopes for the forthcoming year. I plan to spend the rest of this month wisely, happy and mostly in solitude. I think i'm glad to see 2015 go, but I don't know that my expectations are as they should be for the new year, so I guess I will work on that for the rest of the month.

Just in case I do not come back before the year is out, although i'm pretty sure I would or should, please enjoy your Christmas. Jesus Christ is the reason for the season and I pray that whatever you are still waiting for in the year 2015 you will receive in Jesus name.

Picture of the day:
MV, 2015

Quote of the day:
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
 ~George Bernard Shaw


#Peace.Love.Misunderstood

Comments

Popular Posts