Dancing in the snow...

Quote of the day: "The snow itself is lonely or, if you prefer, self-sufficient. There is no other time when the whole world seems composed of one thing and one thing only." -Joseph Wood Krutch

Ok, not literally its too cold out there for that but I am excited for the snow though and for some very selfish reasons too, LOL.

For one, as part of my first act as the new ministry leader for the singles department at my church (which btw is what happens when you are approaching 30 and can't find a boy to say hi to you, smh) I decided to host people at mine's for dinner and a movie. If you know me, you know it's a scary concept for me. For as much as I love people, I also can't stand people. If you read this blog any, you know I am very contradictory in nature so this shouldn't come as a surprise at all. In a very loose definition, I think I am anti-social but people tell me that is not the case, so I think what it is then is that I get very claustrophobic and I can't even imagine about 20 people (just an estimate, could have been more) in my 1 bedroom apartment. Ironically, I sometimes feel claustrophobic even in a big space, so there's that.

So yes, I was advocating for snow :), plus I think its such a good opportunity to just meditate, read, watch TV and not have to shower :D So far, i'm good on the no shower and the meditating part. Will get to the reading and watching TV part as soon as i'm done here. I'm storming it out at a friend's instead of alone this time though, which is big for me. LOL. She thinks I do too much shakara with my wanting to be alone all the time, which is really not true. She cooks amazing and I love her kids so I figured it was a win - win situation for me, I don't think there's anything in it for her/them :).

So far so good on my 100 days of joy journey. It's amazing how much you find to be thankful for and be joyful for when you make a conscious effort to do so. Sometime's it's in eating a really good meal, having a good  conversation, spending time with my babies, finishing a task especially when it's been overdue, discovering a new show, even adding on more responsibilities. Let's just say the year has started off on a very good note and i'm thankful to God.

E,g Isn't this just so joyful?!. I want to be a giant panda too...



 Now because life is life, I know it's not always going to be sunshine and roses so I have stored some things up for those days. For example, except you are living under a rock or maybe you just don't care you have heard about the Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum epic lip sync battle. I already love Channing so I was going to jump and go watch it and then it was all over the news and they hyped it so much and that made me mad but then it occurred to me that I could save it for a rainy day. I DVR the series anyways, so i'm choosing not to watch a single episode this season until I need it. I'm also going to keep a record of the many blessings I, my family or friends I experience this year, so I can always go back to remind myself that 'This too shall pass".

So I confess I've been cheating in my dancing, meaning sometimes I've danced on my seat, but I haven't missed a day yet :), I've been mad busy tho, really trying to accomplish a lot this year. I can tell you though, having to make sure I dance everyday actually feels like work and that's from someone who loves dancing, so there is something to be said for discipline otherwise and determination otherwise one would never do anything.

Otherwise, there really isn't much new. I have an interview coming up next week, and I am expectant that the job is mine in Jesus name. God has heard my cry and answered my prayers, for this I say Thank you Jesus. I will come back to testify and may be there will be juicy news by then.

Still missing IG btw, facebook not so much and I still have about 19 days to go so I'm hoping by then I won't still be missing it.

I think that's about it. Till next time. Be blessed!

#Peace.Love.Snowzilla

Comments

  1. Singles ministry leader sounds like a good gig to have... :p.. And kudos for keeping up with the 100 day thing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts