Praise Wednesday

Yesterday i saw something on twitter that i thought was the most profound thing i had seen in a while... @_PePe: What would you have if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday??

Take a minute to think about it....

I did when i saw that and i realized that i had not prayed the day before. I had read my bible, said something like Thank You Jesus for everything and that was the end of that. Now maybe that was an all inclusive prayer so maybe i would still have everything, but it made me realize something.

I am not deserving... I am simply not deserving of the favor and mercy and grace that the Lord bestows to me each and everyday. Are you?

Have you properly thanked God lately, for all he has done both great and small. For protection and mercy and provision and favor and blessings, good health, food to eat, a place to live, the friends you have, your family, your job, your church, your country? Have you thanked him?

So today there is no song, i want you to stop whatever it is you are doing and give a song of praise from your heart and open your mouth and thank him. Thank him for what he has done, thank him for what he is doing, thank him in advance for what he is yet to do. Thank him for your health, your education, your career, your job - if you are like me, with no job, thank him for the job he is bringing your way. Be specific, thank him for your future husband/wife if you are unmarried. Thank him for your siblings and parents and extended family. Thank him for protecting you, for providing for you.

Thank him for EVERYTHING!!! Just open up your mouth and thank him, not because you want him to give you everything you thank him for tomorrow, but because he deserves it, and think about this if you praise him for the little he has given you, do you not think he will give you infinitely so much more.

May God answer our prayers in Jesus Name.

P.S I Love You

Comments

  1. That'd be easy: I'd have my job, car, house, life and family. oh and food to eat. Even when i don't pray-pray. I never fail to thank God for the above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep! Thanks for the reminder. I often forget thinking, he knows my heart. I know I cannot list everything I am thankful for. God is plenty merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Taynement - That's great.

    @Myne - You are welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great reminder to be grateful and to count our blessings and recognize the giver. Does I thank you for everything I am and have cover everything? That's what I usually say. *hides face*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Oye - lol, i know me too. Thank God for his grace and mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking back I realize I thanked Him for just a few things and took others for granted.

    Thanks for sharing this...just thanked him for EVERYTHING right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @James - Thank you :)

    @Ema - You welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts