11 Years....


“Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” 



That's how long I have been in this country. Its's also how long I feel like I have loved Peyton Manning. Now that's probably not exactly accurate as I did not particularly know anything about Football for a minute there, but ever since I "virtually" met the Manning Brothers - Eli and Peyton - I have loved them like we were family. I also think Detective Gibbs (NCIS) is my father, so this shouldn't exactly shock you.

It's also why in what promises to be the last game of his career, I couldn't watch it with anyone. I couldn't take it, if he was ridiculously beaten and as I write this, it's half -time (excellent half time performance btw) and the Denver Broncos are leading and I hope and pray it ends this way and I am ready to cry like a baby. I couldn't wish a better gift for my own family, this possibility of ending a superb career in victory.

Why the love? Because I think both Eli and Peyton exude such grace and humility. I can't put into words because I can say that with so much confidence considering I haven't met them, but I just know. I like to think I am a good judge of character, although that's hard to say all that by just observing how they carry themselves on the field, and yet I just know. Especially Peyton! I have read countless stories of just how he has helped teammates, helped young players, and helped the general public in his small way. Over the course of the weeks preceding the SuperBowl, everyone has talked about him with almost some sort of reverence, not just his personal life but also the legacy he has amassed in the NFL. You can just tell, he is often the leader in any room and yet the most humble. Needless to say I would love to meet him and I would love for him to win this game. I keep switching stations every 2 minutes, I am so nervous.

It made me think though that despite my best intentions I have not generally been drawn to a man like that and that's just sad. Maybe part of it is also the fact that I have often not participated in my relationships. By that I mean, I typically meet a guy, he already likes me and so I just go with it, as long as there's nothing "harmful" about him. After the last guy, I made a promise to myself to actively choose the guy, even if it has been ordained by the gods. The gods better communicate that to me as well and you better also be humble, gracious and kind.

My nervousness for Peyton aside, the other reason I am not out at either of 2 possible Superbowl parties is because as an Introvert-Extrovert the way I recharge is by bring a recluse. I typically need 24 hours without human contact to get my mind and soul recharged.. When I'm out, I suspect no one can tell that I'm affected one way or the other and inside all I can think of is sitting down on my couch naked, my current situation as I speak :).

In other news, trying to be really focused with my school work which after another year away from school, has been very tough but God's grace abounds in my weakness and I am praying for a fruitful next couple of weeks. Also, praying for supernatural supply and provision - rent is due, so say a prayer for me.

Random - I haven't been to the movies this year yet. Considering going the entire year without doing it. I am also going to be cable cutting. Was going to do it a few days ago but couldn't take the chance of the internet screwing up and not being able to watch the game.

God is a good good father and He's perfect in all his ways. I just wanted to remind you of that. Wishing you an amazing week and may God's favor surround you as a shield  in Jesus name.

#Peace.Love.LeaveYourMark


Comments

Popular Posts