A Decade Ago!


That is when i started this blog and what i would have been celebrating (back in June actually) if I had been consistent with this medium. I missed it often, thought of it often, re-read posts often and got a lot of encouragements to write again and yet I did not.

So why now? As i look forward to 2020, by God's grace, I am determined that I will not actually wait till the year begins to start to actualize my goals. I have a lot to catch you all up on, of what's been going on between 2016 and today, but the most important thing to know is that there were no realized dreams/goals in those 3 long years.

Everything was dead and it showed. I stopped dreaming, I stopped believing, I stopped doing and I just was. I always say, the difference between living in America and Nigeria, is that there is a complacency about America that you don't even realize you are in. You go to work, or to school, you pay your bills, there is constant electricity and now you can pretty much order everything to come to you. You basically remain stagnant until there is an inner frustration that begins in you and you can't explain it but you know that the status quo will no longer do.

2019 was the year of frustrations till it built up like a volcano and this post and all the other things I have begun to implement in my life is as a result of the eruption that has since ensued. I should warn you, I am taking on a lot. I am attacking every aspect of my life - Spiritually, Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, Relational, Financially, Academically & Career wise.  I can't guarantee that I won't fail, but I do know that for the first time in a long time, I want something and I know that if you want something enough, you maybe can find the inner strength and the inner will, all by God's grace, to achieve it.

So here's my declaration - In this new year and in this new decade, I am choosing now more than ever to discover my weaknesses while pushing myself to the maximum and I will be vulnerable enough to share them with you (whoever you are).

CocoaButter!!!



Comments

Popular Posts