My 2019 Lesson: I Can Save Myself

Photo courtesy Google Images

Well, not without the help of God but you get my point.

There used to be this running joke that my husband will need to come and drag me out of this one situation and I was okay with it. Really, I was. I didn't see how this could be a bad thing. It would have meant years of dedication and in my mind fulfillment, that only a husband and ideally me completely leaving would change. It turns out that they saw something I couldn't see.

You see, I always knew they meant it to mean that would be the only way I could be "saved" from this situation but you see, I saved myself. I finally said enough and I didn't ask any one for permission and there is no husband (yet).

2019 has shown me that I need to be my own advocate, that I need to be a lot more assertive and get back a little more fight in me otherwise I would continue to be walked over on, used, and hardly appreciated. God can fight my spiritual battles but I need to fight the physical ones. The interesting thing is that this is just one of several battles I had to fight this year. All were won spiritually before being won physically but I definitely had to put on some boxing gloves and I'm happy to be going into 2020 victorious but much more than that I am grateful, so very grateful.

Image result for she saved herself

CocoaButter!!!

Comments

Popular Posts