Praise Thursday - What a year

Almost a year to the day, i moved to Houston and today as i get ready to leave i'm almost in tears. Cried earlier but i'm a big girl so that ends now :). Its been a great year and i'm really grateful to God. So much so i'm at a loss for words. Lets see i've celebrated birthdays, buried a friend, celebrated marriages, got the valuable job experience i needed, made friends, lost friends, i met BB, i worked hard in some areas, not so much in other areas, i gained weight and i lost it, cut my hair, its grown a lil now, traveled, become a better writer, dare i say become more sociable, fell ill with some strange sumthings, recovered.Like wooooowwwww, you don't realize how much goes into a year really. I don't think i've ever really taken stock of the value of time, how much one accomplishes, opportunities used or missed, decisions made, joys, sorrows, the highs and the lows that is packed in a year, month, week even.

Like i said its been a great year, my best friend and her mum took me in no questions asked and treated me like i was blood. We fought, we laughed, we cried, we danced, argued, i mean everything, i never felt left out, infact i wanted to kill them for including me in everything. Its so bad cos me and the bestfriend look more alike now than we did a year ago, like we are some married couple.lol. Their whole "community" took me in, everybody knows me as oye's bestfriend. My family friends/cousin (i'm not sure jo, lol) who took me in and made me feel welcome in their church and homes, introduced me to everyone, every Sunday was kinda like family time. And i did it with you guys, after all the blog was only a couple months old before i moved here, so really you have all been a part of this journey and all i can say is THANK YOU. THANK GOD for his undying mercies and favor and grace, especially because i know i have not kept my end of the deal and yet he has been faithful.

This is really bittersweet for me, i'm leaving loved ones to go be with loved ones. My sis doesn't know i'm coming so i can imagine the shock on her face. I haven't seen her since Jan 09. Plus i hope this move is only temporary and that i'll be moving to what i hope will be a semi-permanent home for me when i find a new job and it will be in the city i start skool in, in January. It will all work out, thats my assurance.

Faithful is our God - Hezekiah Walker


Hold on, Change is coming - Sounds of Blackness


Not about us - Bishop Noel Jones and The City of Refuge Choir


Still Here - The Williams Brothers ....this song speaks to me, now more
than ever, if you don't listen to any song, please listen to this.


P.S I LOVE YOU.... wish me safe journey guys :)

Comments

  1. Have a safe trip Neefemi and beautiful beginnings where you go! May Gods favor surround you and may you be a tree that flourishes. All the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always so hard to say Goodbye....But dis is one of those awesome ones...
    Wishing you a safe trip...Wishing more strength,happiness,love and abundant blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all that you wish yourself!! Have a safe trip, God bless you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip and best of luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. safe journey and wish yah all the best as you begin anoda phase in life.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything'll work out just fine--as in seriously.N i trust u know that.
    One step at a time n ur ways will blossom into even finer times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best as you leave. Have a safe trip....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @oluwalotomi -Thank you so very much ma and AMEN, God Bless you

    @Kabiosi - yes o and thank you so much, AMEN and God Bless you

    @Cerebrallybusy - thank you so very much. God Bless you too

    @EDJ - Thank you and God Bless

    @Dami B! - Thank you and God Bless

    @T.Notes - Amen love, its hard, i won't lie but i believe. Thank you so much, God Bless you

    @Zel - Thank you so much, God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you the very best and have a safe and blessed journey too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much yet I am happy for you.. The experience you've gotten and all..
    You'do good..
    You'd be settled sooner than you think..
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  11. where are yo moving to? and i cried when i left Chicago to Texas like straight up slobbered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greater things are still ahead of you, dearie. Go and be the you God created you to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Myne -thank you very much. God Bless

    @2cute4u - I really appreciate your encouragement. Amen and God Bless

    @Vanity - I moved back home to Michigan and really Texas!!! Where in Tx.

    @Jaycee - Amen and Amen. Thank you so much & will do. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww heres a tear drop for u...and i got happy for u wen i read the bit about bb so yeh all the best and be back to tell us wen the wedding is so we can have a blogger wedding ...well semi-blogger wedding

    lv barefeet

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Barefeet - Amen o, from your mouth to Gods ear. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts