My Testimony

As you all know, i got into UCONN last August for my PhD but i could not go because they said they couldn't waive my tuition or provide a stipend as far as i knew it, this was the norm. So i decided to defer admission, hoping that by January i would have gotten something. In the meantime i kept looking for a job, as i had been out of one since July. Eventually came back to Michigan from Houston, i figured my siblings and i could suffer together, and so we have done and even in the worst days its been fun. I decided then to apply for other schools, and so i did, 3 in total.

Last week, i got one acceptance letter and two rejection letters. I was overjoyed, got into UMDNJ, was going to be living close to NY which i always wanted to do, it is a prominent program, they even gave me an advisor immediately unlike UCONN where i had to find one myself (this is also unusual btw) but they also had no money for me, i was going to have to pay tuition and all that. There and then i started looking for jobs in the area, i found one and the next day i applied for it. The day after that i got an email asking me to schedule an appointment for the position, i had come to Jersey for it cos couldn't do it over the phone, so put it for this week, tomorrow to be exact. Found some money, booked a ticket and my joy knew no bounds.

It was finally all coming together. This job would pay for my school fees and i'll still pay my bills and even that of my siblings back in Michigan. They would file for me, so i would no longer be on student visa but on work visa and that reduces my school fees from international rates to normal rates. I was going to be productive and the research i would do, would serve as the basis for the papers i needed to publish and my final thesis and dissertation.

So i got to the airport today, a lot of merry go round, finally got on a 12noon flight when i got there @ 8.30am and was supposed to have left on a 10am flight. Couldn't afford the ticket straight to NJ, so took the one to NY. Took a bus from the airport, to the subway, the subway to the train station and the train station to NJ. I'm cold, i'm tired (i swear i didn't think my luggage was that heavy), i'm hungry (ain't that a first) and its freezing cold. I look at my phone and i get this message.


Hi Nifi,

Hope your day is going well thus far. Unfortunately, we have to cancel your appointment with Dr.xxxxx tomorrow afternoon.  We are canceling all the appointments for this position. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Thank you,
xxxxxx

I cried while i waited in the cold for my friend to come pick me, for like 30mins and then i cleaned my eyes and i said Thank you Jesus. For a roof on my head in this horrible weather, for the clothes i own, for good health and protection for me, my family members, loved ones and friends, and for seeing it fit to keep waking me up every morning. I Thank you Lord. I promised that no matter what happened, i will praise him and thats what i'm going to keep doing. It is well with my soul and the devil will not have the last laugh.

P.s I Love You

Comments

  1. oh well.. what is it they say about one door closing and another opening? Stay strong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is WELL my sis in Jesus name. The God that provided this one will also provide other ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hug)))...He's ur Comforter and strength. Best believes His good thoughts for you far exceed your expectations. A lil more patience k? and it will all fall in place. the devil will NEVER have the last laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord always shows up... he does show up.
    Dont let your faith waver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I'm very sorry to hear that. God has a plan as always. I'm sure everything will work to your advantage in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neefemi,

    Let your faith see you through.

    Speechless at your attitude

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a certain time all encouraging words sound the same and sound just like what they are - words. I don't have anything to say. They say as long as there is life, there is hope. So we can only hang on to the hope. You know I am here for you.

    Taynement

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neefemi..God is always watching you, as long as you know that and believe that.. you'll be fine..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((Hugs))) The Lord says I know the plans I have for you...they are of good. He will manifest His plans in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *hugging you tight*..the other commentators have said it all..but I just want you know that this is a test before the testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh.

    Your last paragraph just gets me all teary eyed. Especially this "I promised that no matter what happened, i will praise him and that's what i'm going to keep doing."

    Cliche, but the Lord really is your strength. We all have to go through certain situations. God is not sleeping. He hears your cry & i believe & pray that you will testify greatly & louder to the glory of God very soon. It is well Neefemi *hugs*.

    PS: Thank you for encouraging me with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest,
    It usually gets so bad before it starts getting fantastic.. I just believe that you're almost there honey, so cheer up and be strong. 'The storm's over', keep saying it and with conviction.
    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhm...I dont want to be the Debbie Downer here but..how is it that you are laughing and thanking God?
    Im in almost the same posn. I showed up to my first day at work all giddy and excited only for them to tell me they cant take me on anymore. And everybody is telling me it is well, it is well, it is well. Honestly I feel patronized. They will all wake up in the morning and go to work, when they see me 'Chei, dont worry it is well'. Honestly Im sick of hearing it.
    I know God is still there...well because the Bible says so but...I know its not the end of the world and all, but WHY does all this have to happen????

    ReplyDelete
  14. HUGS nife, and to Fabs too, cheer up please? I know it is difficult, been there, done that. But it does get batter and God is still faithful. Hold on OK? Your testimony is not over yet...

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock"

    Stay strong, dear miss..

    ReplyDelete
  16. All things work together for good...:)

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry dear

    Something good would come your way soon. Keep your chin up...wait and you'll see

    I'm so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, I'm so sorry! Kpele. Stay strong okay?

    ReplyDelete
  19. nawaoo i admire ur faith....i wuda gone bk to where im coming from ...to still hng around will be too painful....men u try oo as in u kept thanking him/....now u give me something i cn remember when im down///if u could praise him in such a dire moment why cant i ....keep holding on...and hope u get encouraged cos u just encouraged me

    ReplyDelete
  20. p.s just realised u called it a testimony...that just encouraged me further

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nife dear....It will all be well by the grace of God... Always remember that the grace of God will always be sufficient. I know God will def reward ur appreciative attitude...

    ReplyDelete
  22. That must have been hard, but I thank God you are still smiling and praising God. I cannot remember the amount of jobs that I have been sacked from for stupid reasons which were not my fault. Its painful at first but now I know that each rejection brings me closer to my ultimate job. I know I will get there and you will too...

    But sha that sounded perfect. I was even rejoicing with you till I saw that. Silly people, your future will turn out such that they if they dont call u back they will remember the day they missed out on you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. *hugs* i applaud your optimism. if it was me, somebody for that office for chop slap. mscheew

    kpele, you are clearly a bigger person

    http://somepeoplehaverealproblems-vain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wordless warmths to you and Fabs too. Hang tight...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have we forgotten so soon about Abraham? who was "promised" a son and did not get it until after 25 years... OR Abraham Lincoln who ran for President over 10 times till he finally won?
    Fabs is asking 'Why it has to happen?' Well, because how big will your testimony be, if all you had to say was 'I applied for a job and i got it,' When a testimony like this will get a standing ovation and make people fall on their knees; 'After waiting for so long and being rejected, HE finally did it'
    People like Abraham in the bible and Lincoln, have a testimony that till date inspires people. The woman with the issue of blood; you might ask why she had to go through that suffering... but can you say her faith and testimony doesn't boost your faith?
    Praise HIM in this storm, and i tell you a thankful heart will have excess left-overs of manna and fish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. April I think you said it well. Reading your comment made me teary eyed.
    Buki my love, the best is yet to come

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Neefemi, Know that there is a God in heaven and he loves you dearly, he cries with you and is holding you close in His arms! You will yet praise Him! Obatotogbojule loba wa o!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It was/is and shall be well with u

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Lord has not forgotten you, this sorrow that seem to be lasting so long will be all gone real soon. Giving up is not an option.
    And even though you have asked no one to, i'll say a prayer for you.

    **PS: I just read the 'Tell God' post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. PET PROJECT sent me here... n all i'm saying is IT IS WELL WITH U romans 8 vs 28

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry Love
    I am here to encourage you.
    He loves you
    Trust Him

    ReplyDelete
  32. It will be ok...Chin up!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my, that was intense! I hope you're doing well regardless of all these stresses trying to steal your joy. Here's a prayer for you; that you will be granted your heart desires & you will not sufferhead for nothing! Keep your head up lady. Better things coming on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much guys, God Bless you all. I appreciate all the prayers and love....Muuuaaaahhh

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stand strong in the Word of the Lord. The truth of the Master, Lord of all will not be left in mockery. Just as Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were persecuted for their trust and obedience in the Lord so will His children be persecuted. We take on the cross of Jesus with promise of His reward: eternal life, prosperity, Him and more. Remember Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fire. The king had them bound and thrown in the fire because they wouldn't submit to his decree to bow down and worship Nebuchadnezzar's god.

    Yet God was and is still greater:
    24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” 25 He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.” [Biblegateway.com]

    "Whatsoever ye bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; and whatsoever ye loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven" taken from Matthew 18:18.

    Man can bind and throw you in the fire, but you declare the Word of the Lord and watch those chains fall. God is for His children. And He has a heart for sinners and for His children who have strayed. Be blessed in the name of Jesus
    Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts