Cogitations

Big words for deepful thinking.....I dont have any deep words for you though, just things I have been thinking about over the weekend


Um - ricka......Wale's(the artist) pronounctiation of America.....did you all see the utter total disrespect for President Obama and America imo by congressman Joe Wilson? OP-ED columinist Maureen Dowd wrote this in the NY Times, and I daresay I agree "Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it"............. I mean what do you think guys, is she wrong, am I mad in agreeing with her? Its the only reason why I think he had the guts to say that.....its not like Obama is a god or anything and the minute he does something I don't agree with, I will be the first to say something and I am not one to play the race card but its really sad the way the U.S is heading...seems to be a lot of hate and turmoil going on here and for those who want to remain in this country you need to start to pray for the country.....p.s. buy a house in Nigeria, just in case.....lol.......
Craziness - Serena Williams threatnening folks, Tiger Woods loosing his cool, Roger Federer as well, Juan Martin Del Porto beating Roger Federer, all the sports upset, Kanye West showing what a punk he is(lets not even go there)....its been one hell of a week/weekend..........very entertaning

Marriage - so i'm just wondering if its just me or do you think that Nigeria is really backwards on this marriage thing.... To be honest, the good thing about being a developing country is that we dont deal with some problems(e.g fewer health issues, homosexuality, disrespect of adults)....little things like that.....but imo, on this marriage thing, Naija really needs to be in the 21st century mindset......why do people keep telling me that the next stage in my life is marriage?...let me remind you that I am 22....I have my life way ahead of me....I haven't even done much with it yet....aren't we taking this thing a little bit too far? let me also say that my mum has been divorced more years than she was married.....now in Naij, she is female and can't/won't/shouldn't remarry, while my dad is remarried with 3kids(one of whom I haven't seen).....do you see the irony here? for lack of a better word....can you see why I am in no rush to marry? shu not like I am getting all kinds of marriage requests....I like young boys and it means they are not ready to marry, and I am wondering what it says of a relationship if I am going into it saying thats the man I want to marry?....i'm just going to stop here....it pisses me off, when I marry you will know...till then at least respect me enuff to stop asking this question...ask me how my man is, if i have a man?....

Men - speaking of men, its funny what they remember....so i'm talking to HE, saying I will be going to Canada to go renew my visa, and he goes "o cool, so you get a chance to hook up with your ex".....I burst out laughing, who remembers shit like that?....or maybe cos I don't have that many exs so he knows where they all are, but those are the details that I don't remember, where you lived, went to skool, lol even your birthday or our anniversary lol, I know i'm bad....I just found it cute and worthy of reporting.....my best friend says there is no guy that I have met that hasn't liked me.....i'm beginning to believe her.....i'm beginning to think my friendly vibe comes off as, she is interested in me.....in recent weeks a couple guys that conversation with is limited only to fb and maybe the phone, have been confessing undying love.....I don't know what it is, but its scary stuff.......my friend calls it a good problem, I say its annoying...

Job - been rejected on all the job offers so far ---:( , i'm bored and tired of sitting at home...o well I believe in the living God, and I know it will work out...So I have been telling my mum that God is trying to tell me that its time to move back to Naij and my mum is going to say...."hmm tell me the truth, abi o ti fe wa se iyawo ni(are you ready to come get married?)" lol, I burst out laughing......but if I must be honest, she might be right....even if its not HE, I think my husband is in Naij, alll my potentials are there.....thinking about making this writing thing a professional thing....I will let you know how that pans out........

Heard something that I found really interesting yesterday......"God is in the details".....some other folks say "the devil is in the details".....I choose to say the former....but do you know what it means?...God is in the details means nothing is overlooked whereas the devil is in the details is when small things are overlooked....another explanation is this "Some say “The devil is in the details,” meaning solutions break down when you examine them closely enough. Some say “God is in the details,” meaning opportunities for discovery and creativity come from digging into the details"................what say you? I found it really fascinating.......

Speaking of which, below is a video that I found honest and worth people, especially the females listening to....its rather long, but please try to listen to it and let me know what you think.....




To end this, I want to introduce you to my friend Prince Jags...I live for his jokes on his facebook status and he always send me the most hilarious things on bb.....he doesn't have a twitter page yet, but as soon as he does, i'll let you know what it is, so you can check him out...he writes most of his on stuff.....Enjoy

Prince Jags II.....Jags man/woman difference joke of the day:
HER DIARY

Saturday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed but he kept quiet and absent. I asked him what was wrong he said nothing. I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry. On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behaviour; I don't know why he didn't say I love you too. When we got home I felt as if had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched TV He seemed distant and absent. Finally I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he came to bed and to my surprise he responded to my caress and we made love, but I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts where somewhere else. I decided that I could not take it anymore so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY

Today Manchester United lost. At least I got laid
Lol.....that, was funny....men and soccer innit.....have a great rest of the week guys, will go back to the stories soon....please understand that its not all about me, its mostly fiction...the characters are real, the stories twisted....lol....glad u like it, folks....thanks for all the encouragement...keep praying for me...


Comments

  1. bukky nice one, creative writing nd thinking. am in2 qriting also nd after my masters am thinking of starting on it professionally aas well as a talk show but in naija. wat u think lets collaborate, walk out sumtin 2geda nd ve already spoken wit sum peeps back home nd dey just waiting 4 me 2 b thru wit skul nd stuff. big ups 2 u babes!!! dis is good, inbox me on yr thots yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh it bukky orenuga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... @ 22, some people have 3 children ooo! Who told you you're too young to marry, please send the IV ASAP!

    And teh video.. true talk.. if you're not married with no ring, you're absolutely single! You hardly find dat kinda truth anywhere.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel u on the lack of job stuff...dont worry something will come, only a matter of time...as far as getting married in naija...haha me i know im going home cuz this yankee don tire me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bukky...we will talk, no problem....thanks love

    @kunle...lol, o serious...yes o, no use doing the most while dating, like he said....thanks dear

    @uNWrItten*....thanks love, Amen....men i'm more than tired, just waiting for Gods direction...thanks girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA!!!
    i love that joke but honestly, even though i get over it, i'd rather not watch a game to the end when i know my team's probably going to lose the game...
    it will sooo dampen my mood and i hate it when i'm like that, and it doesn't matter what sport it is...LOL!!!

    about the marriage thingy...just learn to over look it and btw...

    i was teasing about knowing you...LOL...i don't think i do **wink wink**

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, i say the same thing, if they are getting beat, why watch? but then again like yday, arsenal came back from 2-0 to beat them 3-2, so you never know....

    lol, i was almost so sure i didn't know you...lol, well nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts