Praise Wednesday - Strive to be happy.

Happy Hump Day everyone, hope you are all doing well? 

Today I want to share two things with you. A couple weeks back, a friend had asked me if i was happy and I answered honestly and said I did not know the last time I had been happy. I can pinpoint being unhappy around the time I knew things were going to end with the ex, even before things ended with the ex. Not to say that he is the cause of my unhappiness, but that was when it started for me. A lot of us can't even pinpoint when they started feeling so unhappy, a lot of us can't even define what happiness is. I do not aim to explain that to you, I believe it’s uniquely defined for everyone cos what makes me happy is different from what makes you happy.

The good news is this, because it is so uniquely defined to you, it’s your responsibility to make yourself happy. No matter what you are going through, no matter how hard the devil is attacking you. By willing yourself happy, by choosing to be happy and having the right attitude, you can be happy. My mummy will say that, when she's sad, she puts in her favorite cd, and starts to dance. What makes you happy? What are ways you can eliminate things in your life that make you unhappy? Think about these things and endeavor to be happy today. 

I already planned to put up "Desiderata" and then today my friend sent me Today's Word with Joel and Victoria and it’s the same topic on happiness. So I am convinced that this is not just for me, cos believe me when I say I need to be Happy, but I know it’s for someone here as well.....STRIVE TO BE HAPPY!!!

1) I have a friend who is going through treatment for cancer. He’s a young man, very talented, very athletic. If he had not told me, I would have never known anything was wrong. I’ve never once heard him complain. He’s always friendly, upbeat and enjoys life. I asked him the other day how he could keep such a good attitude during such a difficult time. He said, “Joel, when I get up in the morning, I ask myself, ‘Do you want to be depressed today or do you want to live happy?’ I choose to live happy.”
Understand that if you’re going to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose. Happiness is not going to fall on you. You have to choose it by choosing right thoughts and focusing on the Father. You have to set your day in the direction that you want to go. You have to choose to meditate on His Word because His Word lights your path and gives joy to your heart. Today, choose to live happy, set your focus on Him, and embrace the blessing He has in store for you!

2) Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
 As far as possible without surrender
 be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.
---------------
P.S I LOVE YOU

Comments

Popular Posts