The weekend + Questions + Quotes

HELLO!!!

Let me start by saying, i am sorry. No further explanation needed i bet, i will make it up to you, i promise. The truth is, i write it all off the top of my head, so i feel like i need uninterrupted time to write and time just kept running away from me this weekend.

Secondly, i want to address something you might have already noticed, i.e removing the comment box. I did not mean to offend anyone, neither did i do it cos i didn't want you to reproach me on there, although it is entirely for a selfish reason, but one i hope you can understand.

You see i was becoming too dependent on comments, i would write a post and wake up the next morning and the first thing i did would be to grab my phone to check for responses. So you can imagine when i wrote a post, that in my head was really nice and i see no comments, i would get sad. Then i started looking at the stats, to see if people were even reading and then i'll get sad to see that people were reading but were not just commenting. I realized then that this was bad. As much as i love your feedback, i write for me, to relieve of myself of a lot of things i cannot say out loud, share my experiences and as a way to become a better writer. Somebody had mentioned on twitter that a lot of us bloggers write to feed our ego and i don't think that's ever been my intention for writing, but i didn't want that change also. Everything i write here is extremely personal to me, i don't fib on here, and as such i am accountable to you as i am to myself. So for a while i am going to keep the comment box closed, until my birthday month, lol, until i am sure that my intentions will remain pure on this journey.

It was extremely hard for me to be honest about that, not even sure why, it just was.

The Weekend

I had a mad weekend as you can tell by my absence on here, met a lot of people, got reacquainted with old friends and danced my life away. Funke Akindele, is pure hilarious btw. I was extremely glad for it too, because school has started and i know that till i leave for naij in December i am not going to be able to go out anymore. Research, research and being the principal investigator and hopefully getting published is the name of the game this semester.

Another reason why i can't be in a relationship. This guy i just met this weekend is trying to talk to me and already i've said i'm busy like 3times, cos i'm doing something school. Or maybe i just don't like him like that.

I cannot force a friendship. It takes two to tango.

I kept plugging WEPLUGGOODMUSIC and it was just a few people who had not heard of it, a lot of people had even the big artists in naija and they especially know about OneMicNaija. I was so proud, God go make us bigger ooo.

My friends got into an accident yesterday and i cannot tell you how much i am grateful to God for saving them for me, also because my friends and i (i was driving) almost had an accident in the exact same spot. We all left the party and were heading back, when this happened, so you can imagine. Thank you Jesus.


Questions to ponder on - as seen in Even Eagles Need A Push by David McNally
In what way may you still feel limited by the past? What will it take to let go of what has happened no matter how good/bad? Are you willing to let go? How might the rut of conformity/comfort be limiting you? How different do you really want life to be? why? Have you ever stated what it is you truly desire? if not, why not? What frame of mind would you like to be in at the beginning of each day? What feelings would you like to experience at the end of each day?

Pick up the book if you can, it might change your life. Read it years ago and i still go back to it every so often and look at these questions carefully.

Quotes - as seen in Vanquishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
"What if it turns out that a life isn't defined by who you belong to or where you cam from, by what you wished for or whom you've lost but instead by the moments you spend getting from each of these places to the next?"
"Memories are not stored in the heart or the head or even the soul, if you ask me, but in the spaces between any given two people."
"The bottom line is that ethics are a lofty standard, but affection ranks higher."
"There is a reason the word belonging has a synonym for want at its center; its the human condition."
"Nothing stands out conspiciously or remains so firmly fixed in the memory as something you have blundered."
"Sometimes doing what's right isn't a rational decision or even what works on paper. Sometimes leaving is the best course of action after all."
"Knowing where you belong is not equal to knowing who you are"
"Sometimes its necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness."
"Once you make a mistake, can any amount of compensation erase it?"
"Memory is the only way home."
"Why do some memories bleed out of nowhere and others stay locked behind doors?"

Entirely fictional, but a very good read and it made me think about some things. You should pick it up if you can.

Random
I think tennis is officially my favorite sport, see me analyzing it like i can play. I love the Majors, especially cos it brings me very close to my brother, cos we stay having conversations about it, not like we don't already talk everyday.

Going to be a busy rest of the year and i am excited. I slept well the past month to last me the next four months so this is good. So school, WEPLUGGOODMUSIC, i want to learn Spanish, keep reading every spare minute, work(say AMEN), maybe volunteer, watch TV, listen to new music, tweet, blog, draw close to God, travel and hopefully maintain friendships. Let's just say that i will be stick and bones by December. Looking forward to doing this with you all.

So expect a Praise Wednesday in a couple minutes and a Blythe Post on Thursday and Friday :)

P.S I LOVE YOU

Comments

Popular Posts