Diary Day 1

I timidly ask, "am I getting paid?" "Well I don't know let me find out, my supervisor replies". "Well I did ask and she said it was a voluntary internship, she comes back saying". "O no problem, just thought I should ask," I tell her. Gosh, was I mad!!! like seriously wth wants to volunteer 275 hours for free? But I don't have a choice because I need it to graduate. Needless to say the motivation i had when i had gotten the job initially has waned. And to put it out there, I am very rich in Jesus Name ( in otherwords i am freaking broke). O snap just realized HE(more on that later) is going to read this and be furious at me. But dont worry, I don't need you to pull out your wallets and send me something (hint!hint!). LOL. No seriously, i am officially the brokest (if there is a word like that) intern as well, but a very happy intern. I am about to graduate, and the remaining 269 hours of this internship should fly by pretty quickly with loads of stories to tell when I start making that dough ( chi ching!!!!yeah). Like how I am the only black person who works there and the only person in their 20's and so everybody is trying to be careful and of course speak correctly at all times. Like how I had to sing happy birthday to someone I don't even know at work today (the brownies and cake were hella good though).

So here's to chronicling my every day struggles and successes and joys......and here is to my 3rd attempt at blogging.....hope you enjoy it....see you tomorrow

Comments

  1. nice nice, interesting that you're keeping a blog-diary. Good luck with it and I'll def be dropping by to see what's been going on at yr voluntary internship lol. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like the 6hrs wasnt so bad...she/he may have a change of heart and turn the position to a paid internship. and about being the only black person there you are not the only one...same thing here with me but im sure the rest of the 269hrs will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 275 hours just makes my stomach hurt ..lol .. anyways good luck with everything and start making the chiching so i can tax u 10 % .. nice one i wanna blog to jo .. show me the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kayode.....well i have to literally keep one to show wat im doing, so i decided to keep a more interesting one as well....

    @Okpe.....yea she already hinted at keeping me on eventually....i think they excited that im black....lol

    @Moro.....it will fly by, its laready 269 now so hey....nways u wont blog so im not even going to try....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Moro......Look at this jackass o.....You sef wan feel like person and blog...My friend garraout......There's a height limit for bloggers o....To which you dont qualify for (Thankfully)....Coz i mean who honestly wants to read your ramblings about how oppressed lil people are???Not i!!!

    Nifemi my love......275 hrs will go by so fast.....And its a blessing in disguise.....Its like they say......That stone in your path will be the stepping stone that catapults you to greatness by his grace......So you are not getting paid in monetary values.....You are getting paid in experience......And you are rich in the lord......Granted that doesnt buy you milk at the grocery store(Cant say here lemme pay ya in Jesus dollars.....Or put it on his holiness credit card)......But his riches are more than any monetary value!!!!!
    Recession is a BIATCH( i figured i'll put one for the road.....LOL)

    P.S: I think i just got engaged.....I do believe someone just asked me to marry him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lwkm....really if u were truly engaged too, i know you can do the same and announce it to me like this......crazy child....thanks love....

    ReplyDelete
  7. does that mean none of us gets paid or were you just unlucky cause me i won't do oh...instead i'll do a project...SIGH

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol....u cant do a project unless have worked in public health.....and there is hardly anywhere u will get pay in Ohio..so if u can, do it another city with a big company...who will most likely keep u on when u done.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Koko, I'll take an unpaid internship over a project anytime, lol/ I simply hate projects. Buki, enjoy yourinternship experience and don't forget me once you start making the money since i still got 1 more sem to go hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol....how can i forget u?...couldn't graduate without you...thanks babe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts